Sunday 29 March 2009

Oh Bugger!

Not a great way to prepare for your first half marathon - being woken by a drunken wife and fighting cats at 01.45. Sorry Andy. My thoughts are with you now as you pound the streets of Reading. I do harbor a wry smile as I think of the times I have laid awake while you're out for a night with the boys, me waiting to hear the key in the lock, wondering if you've made one of your mad decisions to walk 5 or so miles home at 3, 4, 5 am. Still, as cross as I got, worrying for your safety, imagining you passed out in a ditch at the side of the road, I was never in the final stages of preparation for a 13 mile run. Good timing N!

It was a great night out - Molly Malone's Bar, Hitchin, a celebration of Andrew's rise to landlordship. Good music, good beer, good company. Comfy sofas, a real pub with the genuineness of ordinary people sharing a cosy capsule of warm fun on a cold, wintry Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment